How to Buy
Please Read Carefully
This page provides installation files for
Release 8:For Manifold Release 8installation files, visit the Release 8 Downloads page. Viewer:Manifold Viewer is a free subset of Manifold Release 9. For Viewer installation files, visit the Viewer Downloads page. Updates:Updates are free. Visit the Updates page for info.
- Release 9 installations utilize .exe files, not .msi files, to enable easier inclusion of necessary Microsoft components.
- Read the Installations topic for Release 9 installation instructions, including a discussion of portable installations.
- All Release 9 serial numbers are 64-bit. 64-bit serial numbers authorize both 64-bit and 32-bit installations.
- If you are stuck running 32-bit Windows or if you have an older, 32-bit Manifold System serial number, you
MUSTuse the 32-bit Installation.
- If you don't know what license you have,
check your serial numberon the Serial Number Status Page. That page will report if you have a Release 9 serial number. Important:All Manifold products require Microsoft .NET and Release 9 requires Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. The Requirements page has links to Microsoft downloads.
- The portable Release 9 installation is a zip file for skilled users that does not use Windows Installer. Unzip and run directly from the .exe files in the hierarchy it creates.
- Flag buttons below provide mirror links that may provide faster downloads depending upon your location.
False alarmsfrom anti-virus programs are common. The SHA checksums published below guarantee safe downloads. Use the SHA checksum to verify the download is safe and virus-free. See the information below on how to use SHA checksums. Uninstallany prior installation before installing a new Manifold Release 9 installation. If Windows Installer reports any problems, read the Windows Installer Problems page for advice.
- After installation, save the .exe file for future use.
Release 9 Edge for 64-bit and 32-bit Windows (Self-Contained Zip File)
Release 9 Edge is a portable installation. Cool! See the Future Tour Part 1 video to learn how to download and use a portable installation. Read the Installations topic for a discussion of portable installations.
Enthusiasts should visit the Cutting Edge section of the user forum to read about cutting edge installations that provide new features and bug fixes as soon as they are issued by Engineering.
Manifold Release 9 for 64-bit Windows
Manifold Release 9 for 32-bit Windows
Portable Manifold Release 9 Installation (Self-Contained Zip File)
Microsoft Visual C++ for Portable Installations
The portable installations of Release 9 Edge and Manifold Release 9 require installation of Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable package. This is not necessary for Release 9 .exe installation packages, which include the C++ Redistributable package and will install if required. Many modern Windows systems will already have this installed. If not yet installed, portable installation users should download the Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable from the following links and install:
On 64-bit Windows system, install both vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit) and vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit). On a 32-bit Windows system, install vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit). The Requirements page has links to direct downloads from Microsoft for the above Visual C++ Redistributable installations.
All Manifold Release 9 documentation is online. See the Documentation page.
Manifold Release 9 Localization Files
ui.zip - Click on the link to download a zip file containing a comprehensive German user interface localization file plus starter example localization files for French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. The portable Manifold Release 9 installation contains the latest, up-to-date English reference version from which any localization can start. See the Localization page for instructions on how to use these files.
DLLs for Popular Open Source DBMS Packages
The MySQL, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and GPKG/SQLite/Spatialite packages are third party, open source packages which require installation of necessary files within the execution PATH of your system. If you are an expert user of MySQL, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, or GPKG/SQLite/Spatialite you know the drill and have already installed all necessary DLLs. For everyone else, Manifold provides the following sample collections of DLLs for these packages:
The easiest way to install these for use with Release 9 Edge, Viewer Edge, Manifold Release 9 or Manifold Viewer is to unzip the appropriate package within the bin or the bin64 folder of the Manifold installation folder. Unzip extension-dlls-x64.zip within the bin64 folder and unzip extension-dlls-x86.zip within the bin folder.
The above packages of DLLs are not supported and are infrequently updated. They provide an example of what DLLs are usually required and where they should be placed. Visit the official web sites of the package of interest to learn about and to download the latest DLLs required.
Manifold Release 9 Downloads and Example Files
Download example project files in Release 9 .map format for Manifold Release 9 and Manifold Viewer. The example project files include projects used in tutorial videos on the Manifold Sales YouTube Channel.
- 2017_eclipse.map (2304 KB) - A Release 9 format .map project with a pre-built map showing the path of the August 21 total eclipse through the United State, with times of totality in local time. Uses Bing and Google background maps. Perfect for beginners. How to use this map is illustrated in the Release 9 / Viewer YouTube Video on the 2017 Total Eclipse Map.
- ArcGIS_REST_Servers.map (1024 KB) - A Release 9 format .map project providing a collection of ArcGIS REST web server data sources. Useful for ESRI people and others, and provides an outstanding example of the very wide range of free data available online that Viewer can see.
- archaeology_France.map (12992 KB) - A Release 9 format .map project providing a beginner-friendly, pre-formatted and pre-organized map that shows archaeological locations in France, including dolmen, menhir, Roman amphitheaters and many other sites. A must have for archaeology and Classics hobbyists visiting France. Learn to use this project in the Viewer YouTube Video on Archaeology in France.
- books2.map (6528 KB) - A Release 9 format .map file providing the Books example database used in Chris Fehily's "SQL Database Programming (2015 Edition)," another fine Fehily book on SQL.
- books.map (6592 KB) - A Release 9 format .map file providing the Books example database used in Chris Fehily's first-rate book, "SQL: Visual QuickStart Guide," a great book for learning SQL rapidly.
- crisfieldflood_clip_PM.zip (14731 KB) - A zipped Release 9 format .map file providing the floodzone and parcels map used in the Release 9 / Viewer YouTube Video on Parallel Clipping Speed. Try it yourself as shown in the video and see how Release 9's ability to use all the CPU cores in your computer lets Release 9 run many times faster than non-parallel GIS or spatial DBMS systems like SQL Server, PostGIS or Spatialite.
- crisfieldflood_shapefiles.zip (9590 KB) - A zipped set of shapefiles file providing query texts for Release 9, PostGIS, SQL Server and Spatialite, plus shapefiles for the floodzone and parcels layers used in the Release 9 / Viewer YouTube Video on Parallel Clipping Speed. Try out Viewer running fully parallel on your computer and note the time required for the query, and then import these shapefiles and try the queries in your favorite GIS or spatial DBMS to see how fast those take on the same system.
- font-awesome-4.7.0.zip (655 KB) - Font Awesome is everybody's favorite professionally-crafted symbol font, providing 675 symbols for points to use in Manifold Future, as shown in the Manifold Future - Style Introduction video. Visit the Font Awesome site for even more.
- maryland_lidar.map (1024 KB) - A Release 9 format .map project providing the Charles County, Maryland, LiDAR data sources to re-create the LiDAR display used in the Gallery and other illustrations and in the example in the Viewer YouTube Videos.
- megalithe_video.map (5248 KB) - A Release 9 format .map project providing the Neolithic monuments data set used in YouTube Videos demonstrating Viewer. Useful not only for repeating the videos at home but also for hunting Neolithic relics in France. Cool!
- merge_and_clip_examples.map (5184 KB) - A Release 9 format .map project providing the regions of France, cities and Roman roads layers used in YouTube video examples on the Manifold Sales YouTube channel.
- meteorites_2017.map (33280 KB) - A new version of the meteorites.map that has been updated to 2017 and expanded with even more meteorites. A Release 9 format .map project providing a beginner-friendly, pre-formatted and pre-organized map that shows locations of meteorites found on Earth, including meteorites of lunar and Martian origin. A must have for meteorite hunters worldwide to enable planning of more successful meteorite hunts. Learn to use this project in the Viewer YouTube Video on Hunting Meteorites. Special thanks to the Meteoritical Society for providing this snapshot of the Meteoritical Bulletin Database!
- style_videos_monaco_examples.zip (1272 KB) - A zipfile containing two Release 9 format .maps containing example layers for Monaco imported from OSM, as seen in the Manifold Future videos demonstrationg the new Style and formatting system. One video shows starting, unformatted data while the other shows example formatting as shown in the videos.
- uber movement.map (1024 KB) - A Release 9 format .map containing the snippet of SQL required to convert CSV data downloaded from Uber Movement into spatial geometry form for display and analysis. Learn to use this project in the Viewer YouTube Video on Uber Movement Data.
- Wildfires.map (1024 KB) - A Release 9 format .map providing a project with access to the GeoMAC (Geospatial Multi-Agency Coordination) server run by USGS to provide a consolidated set of layers that support fighting wildfires. The project contains a pre-built map designed for beginners to use that shows the current perimeters of wildfires (updated daily) and near real time displays of wildfires detected by MODIS and VIIRS satellite sensing. Use the free Manifold Viewer download to open and work with this project.
SHA Checksums Guarantee Safe Packages
Worried about viruses? Got a false alarm from an anti-virus package?
Use SHA checksums to put your mind at ease by confirming you
Release 9 installation packages do
If your anti-virus program reports a problem with a Manifold installation file, you can verify that is a false alarm by using any popular tool (7zip, Microsoft, etc.) to compute the SHA checksum for the installation package you are using. If that SHA checksum matches the SHA checksum published for that package, you know for sure the anti-virus package reported a false alarm.
Windows 10 and other recent Windows editions include the
certutil -hashfile manifold-9.0.159.msi SHA256
The utility will provide a computed SHA256 hash code (another name for checksum) for the file:
SHA256 hash of file manifold-9.0.159.msi: 1d 65 79 c2 b7 2f aa 99 7f 40 2c c5 1f 92 80 de 73 0c 4f 4a 4c c5 d2 59 bf 74 7e 79 b8 d4 e0 71 CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.
Compare the SHA256 checksum reported by the
The free downloads on this page are provided without technical support. Some downloads are large and require reliable Internet connections. Downloads are provided for those folks who have sufficiently reliable Internet connections and who have the minimal technical skills required to use their browsers to download a file, to unzip a zipfile, install a .msi file, etc., without assistance. If you require assistance, please ask a more technical colleague for help, retain a consultant, or contact Manifold Technical Support using a standard tech support token as set forth in the Contacting Tech Support page.
Please visit the following links for general information on available Manifold technical support services.
- Technical Support Home Page - Your first stop for technical support needs.
- Status Page - Enter a support token to verify it is unused and to check the token type (standard, development or voice). Checking the status of a support token before using it to contact tech support will avoid wasting time in case the token has been already used or is the wrong type.
- Contacting Technical Support - How to contact technical support. How to use tokens and important information that must be provided to enable tech support to respond quickly and constructively.
- Manifold Updates - Information on updates for Manifold products.
- Technical Support Products - A list of all technical support products.
- Online Store - Buy technical support products online with your credit card.
- Support FAQ - Frequently asked questions regarding technical support.
- Administrator Login - Users are sometimes surprised to learn they don't have true Administrator rights in Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista. This short page describes how to login using the real Administrator account.
- Windows Installer Notes - Tips on solving problems with Windows Installer in case of de-installation errors.
- Email Problems - Few things are as annoying as not getting messages you expect to get, yet the wide use of spam filters means that you might not be getting an important email from manifold.net email accounts. Read this page for important tips on how to make sure you will get the emails you expect.
- Suggestions - Tips on making effective suggestions to get what you want into Manifold. Vote early and vote often!.
Manifold products are supported by email for a fee. Although Manifold technical support is very inexpensive, it is not free. Technical support is provided for a low fee via email. Technical support service products are sold that allow Manifold users to choose what level of support they prefer, from a single incident to ten incidents at a discount. Technical support incidents are available as standard support incidents or as developer support incidents. Standard incidents provide answers to routine interactive usage of Manifold. Developer support incidents provide answers to more technical questions, such as those involving programming, SQL, customization, IMS, Runtime licenses or Enterprise features.
How to Buy Technical Support Services
Purchase technical support products via the the Online Store. Purchase the technical support product and you will receive by email tech support tokens of the number and class (standard or developer) you purchased. You can then use them when contacting tech support by email.
Contacting Technical Support
Please carefully read the Contacting Technical Support page for complete information on contacting technical support. Support inquiries sent to sales will not only delay a fast and effective solution, they will also waste support tokens.
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with serial number email sent out in seconds. Use Manifold products today!
Suggestions to improve Manifold are always welcome. Please see the Suggestions page for tips on making effective suggestions.
Manifold products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern and most powerful spatial engineering products. Total integration ensures unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!