Every Contact requires a Token
Manifold Technical Support provides support through email. Please review the main Support page before contacting tech support, for links to quick tips that can solve most problems right away.
Manifold Viewer is a free product that is supported by the community, not by tech support. Hey, it's free!
Manifold provides technical support for the current release of Manifold System with the latest update installed on machines fulfilling all requirements in the Requirements page.
Holidays: See the Holidays page for a list of holidays observed by Manifold. Technical support is not available on holidays.
No token is required to send in a bug report, provided you do not ask a tech support question as part of that bug report or ask for a reply. For information on how to submit bug reports, please see the Bug Reports page.
Step 1: Determine Technical Support Category
Any question of a technical nature falls into one of two categories. Determine which of these two categories describes your question:
- Standard Email Support - Questions regarding interactive use of Personal Edition features and extensions. Excludes questions on Enterprise, Database Administrator or License Server features, geometry linked from external sources, scripting or programming, IMS or web applications, customization, runtime licenses and SQL.
- Developer Email Support - Questions on any Manifold System feature in any edition, including any questions excluded from standard email support.
Step 2: Obtain a Support Token
Some Manifold System licenses may include two prepaid tokens for Standard Email Support, which are provided in the same email message that provided the serial number for that license. If you do not have any tokens available, you must buy the tokens you need from the Online Store.
A token can be used once, for one question. If you do not recall whether you have used a particular token, check the status of that token on the Status Page to make sure it has not been used, revoked or is not the required type.
Step 3: Collect Necessary Information
Tech support needs to know important details about your system to help you rapidly and effectively. You must collect the following information to provide to technical support. Write this information down in a text file as you will not be able to send screen shots to tech support.
Launch Manifold System and choose Help - About in the main menu. Write down the following information from the About Manifold® System dialog box exactly as reported by the dialog:
- Manifold System edition (first line in the dialog).
- Build number (second line in the dialog).
- Extensions listed (if any) in the installed extensions box.
- Serial number ending in a series of X characters.
- Physical memory.
- Operating system.
- Running mode (32-bit or 64-bit).
Step 4: Contact Tech Support
When using a standard email or developer email support token, compose and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following instructions:
- The subject must begin with Manifold Support Request followed by short summary of the question, for example, "Manifold Support Request - Shapefile projection problem"
- Do not cc: any third parties on the email.
- Do not request any email system receipts or flag the email as important.
- Do not attach any attachments of any kind (images, vcards, etc.) to the email.
- Do not use HTML formatted email. Send email as ordinary text.
- Send email only from an email address that can accept a reply from manifold.net email addresses.
- The first line of the body of the email must include the technical support token you will use for this question.
- The next few lines of the body of your email text must include the information collected from the Help - About dialog.
onequestion to which you wish the tech support token to be applied. This question should be specific and include complete and detailed information on anything you did from which the question arises. For example, if the question has to do with importing a particular file, state exactly how you have attempted to import that file including a step-by-step description of each command or dialog you have used and the settings employed in each such command or dialog.
- If your question involves a problem that can be duplicated by using a drawing or data set that can be downloaded from the Manifold website, provide a URL to the download and give a step-by-step description of how the problem can be duplicated using that file.
- Conclude your question with a list of Help topics you have read to try to find the answer in Help.
- To avoid wasting tech support incidents, please utilize an email account that does not block, discard or reject emails from manifold.net email accounts. See the Email Problems page for tips if you suspect any problems in your email system. Please note: manifold.net does not provide consulting assistance on resolving email reception problems. If you don't know how your email account is configured or how to resolve problems, ask whoever is in charge of your email system to assist you.
Please provide all of the above information within a single email. If you do not provide all of the above information or if you otherwise send in a non-conforming support request and receive a form letter from tech support asking you to provide all required information or pointing out some other problem that prevents processing your request, please re-submit your question as a new, complete, standalone email that includes all of the above information in a single letter. To avoid errors, tech support will not try to parse threads you forward from other people. Please contact tech support using a new, original email message so all information is clear.
Tech support may contact you with questions as part of the processing of an incident. Please respond within two business days to those questions, answering all questions asked. Incomplete responses or tardy responses will result in an incident being closed.
To get the most value from a technical support token, please make sure to provide full information as required above. Requests for tech support that do not provide required information will waste the token being used.
Make sure to ask only one question with each support incident. Requests for support that ask more than one question will have only the first question answered. Do not pose rhetorical questions: tech support must treat all questions equally and cannot guess when you are serious about a question and when you are not.
Tokens are automatically charged in some circumstances, usually after a courtesy reminder. For example, Manifold provides free updates on the condition any questions about free updates require an incident, providing a clear notice in the updates page: "If you have any questions regarding the download or installation of an update, that requires a technical support incident." As a courtesy to users, questions about an update which do not include a token will normally receive a reminder that a token is required and that a token will automatically be charged if the user continues the thread. Continuing the thread in any way will use up a token.
Users must write from an email address that can receive email from manifold.net email addresses. If users write from an email address they cannot use to receive email responses from Manifold, tokens will end up being automatically charged to deal with the resulting chaos. See the Email Problems page for tips.
See the Support FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions regarding technical support and additional information.
Suggestions to improve Manifold are always welcome. Please see the Suggestions page for tips on making effective suggestions.
Manifold products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern and most powerful spatial engineering products. Total integration ensures unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!